[Mailman-Users] Customizing Mailman

Kim Huff kimhuff at huffamily.com
Mon Oct 26 19:52:01 CET 2009

Hello everyone,

My name is Kim Huff and I am new to the list.  I have been using Mailman for
some time now but I know that I have barely tapped its full potential.  I
have my own dedicated server and on there I have a few of my clients using
the Mailman service.  Most of them would like to offer a way for their
possibly subscribers the ability to sign-up on line.  We want to be very
careful about this because we want to make sure people that do not belong to
the organization can sign up.  So, we would want anyone that signs up to go
into a queue and wait to be approved.  If there person truly is a part of
the group, we will have people that have those records and they can approve
or deny a request.  The problem is. what URL does one use for to subscribe?
Is there a way for me to customize this page?  Most of my clients use Joomla
so I would need to make sure the subscription page can work within a Joomla
page.

I do appreciate any help you can provide.  Unfortunately, I am kind of in a
time crunch so I hope everyone gets this message quickly.

Kim