[Mailman-Users] Using Mailman with Multi Mail Server

Stefan Förster cite+mailman-users at incertum.net
Thu Oct 29 06:23:28 CET 2009

* Hien HUYNH HUU <hien.hh at sbsc.com.vn>:
>  Could Mailman be configured with multi mail server (at least 2
>  mail server) at the same time ? So that It can transfer huge
>  numbers of emails at the same time . If yes, please let me know
>  how to configure It.

I'm pretty sure you are doing it wrong (configuring your MTA, I mean)
- or perhaps you are simply limited badnwith-wise. You might want to
show us you MTA/Mailman integration so that we can come up with some
helpful hints.

Other than that, I think you have three options:
1. Get a load balancer. Their prices are down to the low five digit
range nowadays.
2. Build yourself a load balancer (helpful Google keywords might be
"ldirector", "linux lvs" and "pacemaker", "openais", "heatbeat" for
availability).
3. If mail is leaving your MTA at a slow rate but the delivery from
Mailman to the MTA is fast, try running several queue runners and
specify an SMTPHOST wit a DNS record pointing to several addresses
(I'm not really sure about this one, perhaps Mark could clarify).

Cheers
Stefan
--
Stefan Förster     http://www.incertum.net/     Public Key: 0xBBE2A9E9