[Mailman-Users] Enabling the option "the should get the messagethat his mail has been approved" in Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 22 04:25:55 CEST 2009

ankush grover wrote:

>I am using mailman 2.1.5 on RHEL 4 in production and 2.1.9-4 on Centos
>5 in Testing environment. I am trying to configure an option in
>mailman that is "the sender should get the message that his mail has
>been approved". The sender gets the mail whenever his mail gets
>rejected however no mail goes to the sender whenever his request/mail
>gets approved.
>
>Please let me know which option to configure in mailman so that I can
>have this feature enabled in the mailman. There is no issuing in
>upgrading the mailman version in-case the need is there.

There is no option to automatically notify the sender when her post is
approved. If the sender is a list member, she will presumably know her
post was approved when she receives it from the list.

If the sender is not a list member, you need to do something manually.
Typically, what I do on my lists is discard the post and forward the
message from the notice to the admin to the list with Cc: to the
sender. That way, the sender knows the post went to the list, and the
list members know it was a non-member post and know how to include the
original sender in a reply. This works for me because I 'approve' very
few non-member posts. YMMV.