[Mailman-Users] Internal Server Error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 22 02:56:29 CEST 2009

Carl Parsons wrote:

>We have been trying to get mailman working on a fedora 10 installation
>I can get it working on a internal server but my external server gives
>the following error.
>I use webmin which places virtual servers in /home so I had to recompile
>suexec to work in a different root
>I suspect this is the problem but do not understand suexec configuration
>enough to fix the error

First a big caveat. Mailman's security model is not compatible with
suexec. You can make it work if you only host a single domain, but
beyond that, it's a pain or impossible. Maybe your recompilation will
help. I don't know.

>Internal Server Error
>
>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>unable to complete your request.
>
>Please contact the server administrator, root at localhost and inform them
>of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
>may have caused the error.
>
>More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Suexec errors are not logged in apache's error_log. They are logged in
a special suexec_log (or whatever name was configured in suexec).

Find the error.

Read the documentation at
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/suexec.html> (or whatever is
appropriate for your version) and good luck!