[Mailman-Users] expost user list as csv

Barry Finkel b19141 at anl.gov
Wed Oct 21 14:38:29 CEST 2009

Svante Tidholm <svante at tidholm.se> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I've been using a shell script to compile a list of all subscribers on
>a list for our intranet at a site I'm taking care of. This is done
>with the mailman-subscribers.py script and some smart commands that
>parse the csv file in different ways.
>
>I run this as a cron script hourly on the server so that the
>subscriber list is updated. Then suddenly I realized this is weird way
>to do it, it must be smarter to use the list_member command in bin/,
>but I can't get a nicely formatted CSV file as with mailman-
>subscribers.py. Has anyone a smart idea on how to fix this? Or maybe I
>should add it as a feature request somewhere for the list_members
>script?
>
>See these pages for more info what I'm talking about:
>http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030569
>http://www.msapiro.net/mailman-subscribers.py

I am not sure what fields you are extracting via the bin/list_members
command.  I produce an hourly list of all of the subscriptions to all
of my Mailman lists; I extract only the list name and e-mail address.
For what you want to do, I suggest an awk script to post-process the
output of bin/list_members.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 240, Room 5.B.8             Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov