[Mailman-Users] how to change host servers for mailing list ?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Oct 21 14:02:18 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 03:16:44PM -0400, Cathleen McGuire wrote:
> Hi -- I am helping one of your users with her Mailman mailing list. Her web
> site is called vijali.net and it is hosted on Lunarpages.

Never heard of "lunarpages". Do they provide shell access to Mailman,
or just over-the-web?

> We are currently developing a new web site with a new domain on a new server
> hosted by GoDaddy.com.
>
> We need to keep the vijali.net mailing list, but in June the web site
> expires and so I need to figure out a solution for how to continue to use
> the Mailman mailing list software in our new environment.

"a new server hosted" implies an actual machine. In which case it
could just be as simple as installing Mailman (and an MTA) on said
machine, and then copying over the relevant directories from the
current host.

(and possibly fixing up URIs)

> Or in the alternative, if you can't service us at our new host,

you? us? The Cabal provide the software, it's up to folks as to where
they install it.

> how can I
> import the email data even to something like a cvs file?

you'll need to export it from the existing instance, first.

You appear to have missed <http://wiki.list.org/x/2oA9>

--
``We're all fucked. I'm fucked. You're fucked. The whole department's fucked.
  It's been the biggest cock-up ever and we're all completely fucked.''