[Mailman-Users] How to configure a mailman list so mailman tonot send any messages to this list?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Oct 19 15:53:18 CEST 2009

Adam McGreggor wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 09:45:52AM +0300, anebi at iguanait.com wrote:
>> i created a list, but i want to configure mailman to not sent any
>> messages to members of this list. I want to use this list as a backup
>> list where to keep all my members.
>
>A curious case: I'd be interested to know why you feel you need a
>"backup" this way? Why not just backup the list config (including
>subscription members) & archive (if applicable).
>
>> The members must not able to send messages and also
>> mailman must not send messages to them.
>
>set everyone to moderated, disable posts from non-listmembers, hope
>for the best ;) (these are in the FAQ, http://wiki.list.org/x/a4A9
>handles the first part)

Also, set delivery disabled for all members (see
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/set_nomail.py> and set send_reminders
(periodic password reminders) to No.

You may not want to disable delivery for all since I see in a reply
that you may want to use this to track status on another (google)
list. If so, you have to be sure that no one can post as Adam says
above.

But in any case, you need to set reminders off.