[Mailman-Users] Strangely mailman stopped sending outgoing email

Patricia A Moss pmoss4 at csc.com
Mon Oct 5 12:47:19 CEST 2009

Yes.  I believe there are 8 qrunners and they are all running.
I even stopped and restarted both sendmail and mailman, but that did not
have a positive effect.

PATI MOSS
System Engineer Sr. Professional
CSC

From:
Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de>
To:
mailman-users at python.org
Date:
10/02/2009 04:30 PM
Re: [Mailman-Users] Strangely mailman stopped sending outgoing email

* Patricia A Moss <pmoss4 at csc.com>:

> Last week, Friday, mailman stopped sending out  and receiving email.  I
> started troubleshooting and found that there were firewall rules that
had
> been changed that appeared to be causing the problem.  Those changes
were
> reverted and mailman began receiving email.  However it was still not
> sending out email.  I had the Sendmail people check all of the servers
> confirm that the servers were sending and receiving.
> Then, from the mailman server, I ran a manual test against the SMTP
> server.  That resulted in an email to my mailbox:

Queue runner up & running?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin