[Mailman-Users] OT: Yahoo Deferrals

Stefan Förster cite+mailman-users at incertum.net
Sun Oct 4 09:24:45 CEST 2009

Hello Ralf,

* Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de>:
> * Jeff Grossman <jeffg at turners.com>:
>> I have a question regarding Yahoo deferrals.  I know this subject has
>> been talked about a lot.  Everything I could find via Google was from at
>> least a year ago though.  I was wondering if anybody has found new ways
>> of limiting the Yahoo deferrals?  I run two mailing lists.
>
> I run (with others) mail.python.org, and we send assloads of mail to
> yahoo!
>
> What we did:
>
> * set up DKIM for python.org
> * subscribed to/set up Yahoo's FBL: http://feedbackloop.yahoo.net/
>   within a jiffy.
>
> We haven't seen any large scale deferrals for a long time now.

I second that.

> I also use:
> yahoo.com  	slow:
> in transport_maps with
>
> slow      unix  -       -       -       -       -       smtp
> in master.cf and
>
> slow_delivery_rate_delay = 1s
> in main.cf

This, OTOH, is a pretty interesting choice - you do limit yourself
to 100 * 3600 mails per hour (you didn't show any
slow_destination_concurrency_limit settings, so I'm assuming stock
process limits) and that really makes a difference?

Ciao
Stefan
--
Stefan Förster     http://www.incertum.net/     Public Key: 0xBBE2A9E9
FdI #19: voll konfigurierbar - nicht vorinstalliert. (Peter Berlich)