[Mailman-Users] Fwd: Quick Question

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Oct 3 07:33:05 CEST 2009

Dan Ellertson writes:

 >  See the attached screen shot.  The type size in Mailman has gone real
 > > small. I can hardly read it or work with.  This only happens with Mailman
 > > application.  And it started about a month ago and has not changed back for
 > > me. I don't know how to get it to reset. Thanks, Dan

Try a different GUI browser (obviously text browsers won't be much
help).  If you get a different result, it's your normal browser being
"helpful", and you'll have to tell it to stop that.

It's possible that you changed some default size setting in your
browser to fix some page that was displaying that was way too large,
and the rest of the pages you normally visit set fixed size fonts.[1]
This is especially common on intranets where all the employees get
standard screens, so it makes life easy for IT.

Footnotes:
[1]  This is evil, but all too common on intranets.