[Mailman-Users] Rebuilding the Archive mbox File

Barry Finkel b19141 at anl.gov
Fri Oct 2 18:15:06 CEST 2009

I am running Mailman 2.1.11 from an Ubuntu/Debian package I created
from the SourceForge source.

I have a question about list archives.  I have a list that I
converted from Majordomo to Mailman in July, 2007.  I was helping
one of the list owners in managing the list, and I went to the list
archives.  The web page has all of the combined archives that I copied
from Majordomo; they go back to May, 1996.  When I went to the Mailman
file

     /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox

that file contains only the last two postings - Jul 2007 and
Feb 2008.  When I go to

     /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/LISTNAME

I see all of the archive files for each month:

     1998-July
     1998-July.txt
     1998-July.txt.gz

How do I rebuild the

     LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox

file?  I have the collected mbox file from Majordomo, and I can easily
pre-pend it to the current LISTNAME.mbox file.  Is that all I have to
do?  Or do I need to run

     bin/arch --wipe

Thanks.
Barry S. Finkel