[Mailman-Users] Checking for Heartbeat

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Fri Nov 27 19:55:08 CET 2009

On 27-Nov-2009, at 08:56, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/files/head%3A/contrib/>
> where you can download mmdsr and README.mmdsr

Hmm.. the readme and internal docs where not that useful.

# Arguments for your mktemp command to specify directory and/or create file.
# For example, HPUX mktemp requires "-c"; FreeBSD doesn't accept "-p <dir>".
TMPDIR="-p /tmp"

OK, since freeBSD doesn't like the -p option, what should this be? setting it to just "/tmp" generates an error. Setting it to -d /tmp/mmdsr also generates the same basic errors. Yes, the script is running as root.

# mmdsr
mktemp: mkstemp failed on /tmp: File exists
mktemp: mkstemp failed on /tmp: File exists
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mmdsr: cannot create : No such file or directory

The script then sits there for far long than a minute seemingly doing nothing. (I know it has a sleep 60 in it because it's intended to run at 23:59, but that does seem an odd way to go to me). Still, wanting to see the output it generated I ran it, but it seems to just stall.

--
"Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be
	dead soldiers" ~Carlin