[Mailman-Users] HTML messages not passed, content filtering settings ignored

Christian Stalberg cstalberg at web-analysts.net
Fri Nov 27 14:29:39 CET 2009

   In looking at the output I may see the problem. I have been running
   Mailman and upgraded versions and moved Mailman from one server to
   another for years. Look at this output from my list wherein I see
   values like 'False' where the legals values are supposed to be either
   yes or no:

   # When you scrub attachments, they are stored in archive area and links
   # are made in the message so that the member can access via web
   browser.
   # If you want the attachments totally disappear, you can use content
   # filter options.
   #
   # legal values are:
   #    0 = "No"
   #    1 = "Yes"
   scrub_nondigest = False

   could this be the problem where an upgrade was not done properly where
   I have an old, out of date 'config' file whose values are unrecognized
   or ?

   On 11/25/2009 10:26 Mark Sapiro <mark@[1]msapiro.net> wrote ..

If filter_content is no, Mailman should not be doing any content
filtering or HTML to plain text conversion.
I can make a guess. Perhaps the message is multipart/alternative with
text/plain and text/html alternative parts and you are viewing the
received message  with an MUA (mail client) set to show you the plain
text, or perhaps you are seeing a 'scrubbed' message in a digest or
the archive or even the message from the list if Non-digest options ->
scrub_nondigest is set to Yes.
If you really want to look 'under the hood' look at the output from
 bin/config_list -o - LISTNAME
or
 bin/dumpdb lists/LISTNAME/config.pck | grep filter_content