[Mailman-Users] rejecting messages *to* non-members

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Thu Nov 26 06:32:13 CET 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> glen martin wrote:
>> The root cause, though, is my users.  I'd therefore like to train them
>> :) by rejecting their posts that copy non-members.
> Actually, the best you can do is Recipient filters. If you set
> require_explicit_destination to Yes and max_num_recipients to 2, any
> post which is not explicitly addressed to and only to the list will be
> held.

This also has the side effect of "training" (or annoying) your users who
don't have "reply to list" buttons in their mail clients.  Which may be
a reasonable side effect, or a really annoying one, depending on your
list members.  When we did something similar for related reasons, the
cries of joy and the cries of anguish pretty much cancelled each other
out, but your mileage may vary.

  Terri