[Mailman-Users] HTML messages not passed, content filtering settings ignored

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Nov 25 04:14:47 CET 2009

christian stalberg wrote:

>Why would HTML messages sent to the list be chanegd to plain text when I
>have content filtering turned off via the GUI? Is it possible the GUI switch
>is not working? If yes, how can I check 'under the hood'? Thank you in
>advance.

If filter_content is no, Mailman should not be doing any content
filtering or HTML to plain text conversion.

I can make a guess. Perhaps the message is multipart/alternative with
text/plain and text/html alternative parts and you are viewing the
received message  with an MUA (mail client) set to show you the plain
text, or perhaps you are seeing a 'scrubbed' message in a digest or
the archive or even the message from the list if Non-digest options ->
scrub_nondigest is set to Yes.

If you really want to look 'under the hood' look at the output from

 bin/config_list -o - LISTNAME

or

 bin/dumpdb lists/LISTNAME/config.pck | grep filter_content