[Mailman-Users] Facebook invite not rejected

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 15 22:18:02 CET 2009

Russell Clemings wrote:

>That looks like it. There's nothing like that in the mbox file but I
>just sent an invite from my Facebook page to myself at a different
>address and the "reply to" address was the one attached to my page. So
>I guess Facebook uses its own address for "from" and the user's
>address for "reply to." Makes sense for them I guess. Annoys me.

If you want, you can not recognize member posts based on Reply-To:

In Defaults.py is the line

SENDER_HEADERS = ('from', None, 'reply-to', 'sender')

which means check From:, Unix from, Reply-To: and Sender in that order
when testing membership. If you override this by putting

SENDER_HEADERS = ('from', None,, 'sender')

in mm_cfg.py and restart Mailman, your lists will no longer check