[Mailman-Users] jaretti

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Nov 11 04:45:48 CET 2009

djaretti at pensatoio.it wrote:

>there is any version of mailman that runs under windows xt?
>thanks a lot

I assume you mean Windows XP since the only XT I know is the IBM PC XT
which I don't think ran any version of Windows.

I have run every version of Mailman since about 2.1.7 with Apache and
Exim on Windows XP under Cygwin. It requires one small change in
MailList.py to change the name of the 'new list' lock file from
'<site>.lock' to '=site=.lock' because the former is not a legal
Windows file name.

However, I run this for test and development purposes only. I would
never recommend exposing a Windows server to the internet.