[Mailman-Users] How To disable bounce handler?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 10 19:59:04 CET 2009

John wrote:

>I am having problems with my service provider handling outgoing list email... I
>would like to temporarily disable bounce handling for debug so I can see the
>complete bounces immediately.

If you have access to the mailman installation, change the list-bounces
alias to go to you.

Otherwise, all you can do is make sure that
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable is Yes so that when a member's delivery
is disabled by bounce you receive the notice which contains the full
bounce message. You can also reduce the threshold to cause delivery to
be disabled and a notice sent on the first bounce, but if you do that
in Mailman prior to 2.1.10, a bug in cron/disabled will possibly
disable delivery for users with stale bounce info.