[Mailman-Users] How to reduce memory use?

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Tue Nov 10 19:16:44 CET 2009

I've just started being the list server for a low volume list
that runs on a OpenVZ virtual server where memory is limited to 256MB RAM
and when you hit various barriers your programs can't allocate more memory.

Unless you upgrade to a more expensive OpenVZ virtual server...

Apache2 seems to be failing with the least grace -- just locking up sometimes,
but adding mailman was what got me so close to my memory limits.

Suggestions?

I'm already reducing apache2 memory use by directions like:
    StartServers          1
     MinSpareServers       1
     MaxSpareServers       2

Is there anything like those directives in mailman?

Thanks,

John Griessen