[Mailman-Users] Can't post with thunderbird

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 10 04:48:08 CET 2009

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Johannes Wienke writes:
>
> > Sorry, the problem is already worked around ;) .
>
>No problem (except for the damned spammers who make it a reasonable
>choice to moderate lists like this one!)  On behalf of the moderators,
>I'm sorry your post was delayed.  I'm sure we're all glad your issue
>got localized/worked around.

During the moderation delay, this was asked and answered at
<https://answers.launchpad.net/mailman/+question/86976>.

For completeness here, the underlying issue was that the display-name
of the posting address contained a colon (:) and it was not being
quoted by Thunderbird. Then the unquoted special in the display-name
of the To: address was apparently causing a problem in delivery of the
outgoing mail from Mailman.