[Mailman-Users] Can't get off a list.

Allison acleveland at rac-host.com
Mon Nov 2 00:47:45 CET 2009

Years ago, I was subscribed to an email list.  Since then, the owner lost
the domain, but each month I still get a user name and password reminder.
I'd love to unsubscribe, but the domain is no longer registered, therefore
email and links do not work.  I just want to stop getting the reminders from
this dead list.  I was unable to find a solution on your website, nor to I
wish to be a part of a mailing list just to get off of a mailing list.
Please advise.

Thank you,

Allison Cleveland

Below is the email I get, minus the password.

This is a reminder, sent out once a month, about your themagickdragon.net
mailing list memberships.  It includes your subscription info and how to use
it to change it or unsubscribe from a list.

You can visit the URLs to change your membership status or configuration,
including unsubscribing, setting digest-style delivery or disabling delivery
altogether (e.g., for a vacation), and so on.

In addition to the URL interfaces, you can also use email to make such
changes.  For more info, send a message to the '-request' address of the
list (for example, aw_secretsanta-request at themagickdragon.net)

containing just the word 'help' in the message body, and an email message
will be sent to you with instructions.

If you have questions, problems, comments, etc, send them to
aw_secretsanta-owner at themagickdragon.net.  Thanks!

Passwords for lvx at esoteric-lvx.net: