[Mailman-Users] regexp help

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 3 01:30:52 CET 2009

>I just looked at your original posting (using Outlook) and line 3 is
>not indented, but rather continuous from line 2, and the other indents
>are in columns 5 and 9 (not 4 and 8). I shall try viewing it with other
>mail clients, just for kicks. Right - column 5 IS indented 4 spaces from column 1 and column 9 is indented 8 spaces from column 1 which is what I meant. And line 3 should not be indented, but also not be joined to the end of line 2 which is apparently the only real problem with your file.

Look at my original in the archive at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2009-October/067496.html>
or even as quoted in your reply at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2009-November/067555.html>.

Both of those show proper formatting. I guess that's just one more
thing we can't trust Outlook to do.

BTW, indentation in steps of 4 is only a convention, it isn't
mandatory. The indentation could be 1 space and 2 spaces or 1 tab and
2 tabs or even 4 spaces and 1 tab, although mixing spaces and tabs is
dangerous and highly frowned upon. However, in any case, the highest
level (the first 3 lines in the example) must not be indented at all.