[Mailman-Users] New list bounces postings, cannot post

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 1 05:35:41 CET 2009

Thomas Gramstad wrote:

>A new list in my Mailman installation refuses to let postings
>from a subscriber and list administrator through (not sure if
>this applies to all posters -- the list is new), and bounces
>the postings instead. Below is the error message --
>unfortunately in Norwegian -- maybe someone recognizes the
>structure of the problem or has any suggestions or tips?
[...]
>From: mailman-bounces at mailman.kunnskapsallmenning.no
>To: stoppdld-owner at mailman.kunnskapsallmenning.no
>Subject: Returmelding som ikke ble fanget opp

The message is an uncaught bounce notification. This says either the
list posts are being sent to
stoppdld-bounces at mailman.kunnskapsallmenning.no (or possibly
stoppdld-admin at mailman.kunnskapsallmenning.no) instead of to
stoppdld at mailman.kunnskapsallmenning.no or something is wrong with the
aliases or other MTA configuration so that mail to
stoppdld at mailman.kunnskapsallmenning.no is being piped to the wrapper
with arguments "bounces stoppdld" instead of "post stoppdld".