[Mailman-Users] my mailman has been hacked !!

Khalil Abbas khillo100 at hotmail.com
Sat May 30 23:59:50 CEST 2009

Ok I have a set of problems here..

First, posting to the list using Approved: header as the first line of the message body did not work becasue I'm sending formatted messages using Microsoft outlook with tables n stuff ..

Second, I tried the following: keep an email address as non moderated to be able to post to the list and in General options, I turned the option :

Hide the sender of a message, replacing it with the list address  = YES

this way hackers n spammers won't know which address is allowed to post but now the subscribers are recieving From: listname at mydomain.com and not from: 'My web site's Name' which is annoying..

Third, I can't afford to turn everyone's moderation bit on even my own address and then approve the messages using the web interface for 2 reasons:

1- I have 7 lists which is a real pain to log into each one of them and approve the messages..

2- I'm afraid to approve one of the tens of spam and members messages by mistake ..

what's the advice??

Thanks ..