[Mailman-Users] Will Mailman inform a sender of a bounced message that it was approved?

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Thu May 28 21:19:33 CEST 2009

Adam McGreggor wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:35:49PM -0500, Brad Knowles wrote:
>> on 5/26/09 4:23 PM, Jane Frizzell said:
>>> Is there a feature in Mail Man that would notify the sender of a
>>> message, when it bounces for moderation, to be informed when it is
>>> cleared by the moderator?  This person is not a member of the list so
>>> could not tell if it is eventually delivered.
>> The standard version of Mailman can be configured to inform the sender
>> that their message is being held for moderation, but there is no method
>> I know of to configure it to notify the sender when the message has been
>> released.
>
> My view is that if people are posting to the list, they should
> subscribe to the list.

There are cases where posters have no need or desire to subscribe to the
list.  For example, I moderate a job posting list where we screen
postings for our members.  Most people posting jobs aren't seeking them!
  It'd be a bit silly to expect hr/recruiting folk to subscribe.

In our case, I believe they can just check when their post went through
because the archives are public, but I'm sure they'd prefer the email
rather than having to check back a day later!

  Terri