[Mailman-Users] my mailman has been hacked !!

Russell Clemings rclemings at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:16:59 CEST 2009

In addition to the earlier suggestions:

1. Turn on content filtering -- the default settings should remove most if
not all dangerous attachments.

2. Under general settings, set the maximum message size as small as
possible. This not only blocks a lot of viruses but on a discussion list it
prevents people from quoting an entire digest when replaying.

But for broadcast lists, the suggestion about moderating everybody should do
the trick. I just keep emergency moderation (also on general options page)
on at all times for those lists.

rac