[Mailman-Users] correcting archive URLs

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 26 01:04:10 CEST 2009

admin2 wrote:

>I have Migrating a mail list from one Host to another host.  I see that
>the archives have URL pointers to domain1.com .  I no longer own
>domain1.com and would like to replace domain1.com with domain2.com
>
>is there an application already written to do that?

bin/arch --wipe LISTNAME

However, it is a good idea to first run

bin/cleanarch --dry-run < archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox

to check for unescaped "From " lines in message bodies.

See

bin/arch --help

and

bin/cleanarch --help

>Here is what I see in the archives.
>
>--- snip ---
>
>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Assuming the the list's scrub_nondigest setting is No, so that this
html part was scrubbed for the archive and not scrubbed from the
original message, then these links will be fixed as will the "more
information about this list" links.