[Mailman-Users] How to unshunt?

Ulf Dunkel dunkel at calamus.net
Mon May 25 12:03:00 CEST 2009

I recently changed my Mailman 2.1.9 installation to use and support
Unicode. I cannot update to a newer Mailman version as long as my Debian
Etch hasn't been upgraded to the current Debian version, as I have been
told by my ISP.

I have found various error reports in /var/log/mailman/error and fixed
everything to have a usable Mailman again. But there are still many
shunted emails in /qfiles/retry/, /qfiles/shunt/ and /qfiles/virgin/.

When I try

$ /var/lib/mailman/bin/unshunt
$ -bash: unshunt: command not known

What am I doing wrong? When I try

$ /var/lib/mailman/bin/python unshunt

it simply returns to the prompt after a while, without having proceeded
the shunted files, as far as I can see. Is my "unshunt" kind of damaged?
Do I miss some files?

Thanks in advance for any help,
--UlfDunkel