[Mailman-Users] Discarding defers from the command line

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Sat May 16 16:57:43 CEST 2009

On 12 May 2009 at 17:58, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> >On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 08:27:45AM -0400, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> >> Is there a command-line way to "discard all messags marked defer"?
>
> Actually a FAQ more specific to this question is
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/nIA9>.

I've been pushing on this some, to no avail at the moment.  The simple
part was finding the data directory, the wiki isn't exactly correct: on
our install, at least, the data directory is in /var/lib/mailman.  Since
it seems to be constructed from VAR_PREFIX I'd guess that on most setups
it'd be in a different place than ~mailman.

What I'm running into now is that the command-line pgm has to be run as
user 'mailman' and I can't do that [at least not very easily].  I tried
setting discard to be setgid, but that seems not to work, so I guess this
is a followon question: is there a way to make python scripts run
setuid/setgid?  [basically, my situation is that I can only get to the
mail server logged in as me, NOT logged in as mailman] -- I suppose I
could always write a setgid Perl one-liner to run the Python discard..:o)

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA