[Mailman-Users] Mailing list + message filter problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 14 17:15:55 CEST 2009

Filipe Zanluca Darós wrote:

>I had set myself as a member. I thought you meant otherwise.
>
>I receive mails sent directly to the list, but not when messages get redirected by the filter.

If the message is archived, and the list is otherwise working, then
Mailman has attempted the send the message to all the non-digest list
members with the following exceptions:

Any list member who has "nodups" set and whose address appears in To:
or Cc: of the message will not be sent a copy.

The poster (From: address) will not get a copy if the poster has "not
metoo" set.

If the list has topics defined and a member has subscribed to one or
more topics and the message matches an unsubscribed topic or no topic
if the member has not elected to receive 'non-matching' posts, the
member will not be sent a copy.

The poster will also not see a copy if the poster uses gmail/googlemail
- see <http://wiki.list.org/x/2IA9>.

If you are not receiving the post, and you are a non-digest member who
doesn't fall into one of the above categories, then I don't know what
the problem might be. If the problem is not one of the above, download
the raw archive from a URL like
<http://www.example.com/mailman/private/list.mbox/list.mbox> and find
a direct message that you did receive and a redirected message that
you didn't receive, and try to find some difference in the headers
that might explain this.