[Mailman-Users] some mailing list members not getting emails

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Tue May 12 16:33:57 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 05:54:42PM +0100, nigel white wrote:
> In one case of a couple, who are both members, one receives some
> messages that the other does not and visa versa. One is @ntlworld.com
> and the other is @yahoo.co.uk.
>
> In another case of a couple, who are both members, one received a
> message which the other did not. Both are @btinternet.com.

Both yahoo.co.uk and btinternet.com mail runs through much of the same
mail infrastructure.

There are issues relating to this, that have caused the various "us"es
that I do stuff for, immense problems.

(to the extent we went on the name-and-shame approach on Twitter, in one
case. That got responses)

Try changing the retry times & queue-lengths in your MTA for
yahoo/btinternet/btopenworld &c, perhaps. If you don't know how to do
that, RTFM/(Search, and then, if necessary, ask the appropriate lists.

    <http://lists.exim.org/lurker/thread/20090421.100820.02f7d637.en.html#20090421.100820.02f7d637>

    <http://is.gd/zbcg>
may be of interest, if you use Exim.

--
If you see a long line of rats streaming off of a ship, the correct
assumption is not `Gosh, I bet that's a real nice boat now that those