[Mailman-Users] Patch: Preserve Content-Transfer-Encodingwhenadding footer or scrubbing

Petr Hroudný petr.hroudny at gmail.com
Fri May 8 19:56:48 CEST 2009

2009/5/8 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>:
> Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>>For those patches, I don't see the need for any patch to Scrubber,
>>since what I think your patch will do is encode the "Attachment
>>Scrubbed" message with the encoding of the scrubbed attachment. I
>>don't think that's either appropriate or what you want. The scrubbed
>>attachment itself is decoded.
>

> I withdraw the above comment. I didn't look closely enough at the
> Scrubber patch. It does seem that the patch will make the encoding of
> the flattened, scrubbed message equal to that of the first text/plain
> part of the original message or None.

Yes that's exactly the idea. Scrubber already takes the charset and
RFC3676 parameters from the first text/plain part, so I made the patch
to take transfer-encoding from it as well.  Without the patches, mailman
always sets content-transfer-encoding of the flattened message according
to Python's default (e.g. base64 for UTF-8). After patching it will preserve
the sender's choice: QP / BASE64 / 8bit (None).

Regards, Petr