[Mailman-Users] Error I couldnt find in archives

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Mon May 11 04:35:57 CEST 2009

Good Evening,

	I just finished (well, I guess *almost finished*) a mailman build
(2.1.12), and all seems well - except for a cron output which is being
seen as a mailman moderation request.  The crucial message at the end of
the traceback is:

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/home/mailman/lists/spam-l/config.pck'

which makes no sense, as the list is in use with subscribers, and seems
fine except for this.

My only additional data would be that this was a *very* difficult build
this time (I dont know why, it just was); and that the domain in use were
different from the machine's original domain (ie I had to force a mailman
onto a place it didnt belong.  A temporary fix to an emergency (and I had
no extra hardware at the colo).

Thoughts appreciated.

//Alif
--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson

"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

Joseph Pulitzer
1907 Speech