[Mailman-Users] Removing from retry queue

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Sun May 10 02:15:19 CEST 2009

I have a couple of messages in my retry queue that will never go any
where.  I've been waiting for mailman to give up on them, but it's
been several days now, and like to avoid the clutter in my SMTP logs.

How long will mailman keep trying in the face of a 450 from the local
SMTP server?  And where is that length set.

Also to dequeue these do I just remove the .pck files from qfiles/
retry ?  Or is there a better way to remove them.  I tried bin/discard
but I complained that the messages weren't listed as suspended.

The messages are confirmation requests to email addresses with bogus
domains.  My postfix installation is configured to give a temporary
failure (450) to mail to address that don't resolve.

Cheers,

-j