[Mailman-Users] Robots Tag

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 5 19:05:11 CEST 2009

John Webb wrote:

>Thanks Brad. Any idea what I need to do to get index/follow into my
>archives html?

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>.

More specifically, assuming you're only concerned about English
language, find Mailman's templates/ directory.

Create templates/site/ and templates/site/en/ (these should be mode
drwxrwsr-x and group mailman).

Copy templates/en/article.html to templates/site/en/article.html.

Edit the META tag in templates/site/en/article.html.

If you have non-English language lists, do the same for the other
languages.

Stop Mailman.

Backup archives.

Rebuild archives - e.g.

#! /bin/sh
cd /path/to/mailman
for list in `bin/list_lists --bare` ; do
  bin/arch --wipe $list
done

Start Mailman.