[Mailman-Users] How to prevent users from making changes to (their)DLs

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 4 20:53:56 CEST 2009

Marcos Breguez wrote:

>We want to take a snapshot of all lists and members in Mailman.
>So how can we prevent the current lists from being changed while being
>functional?

You can't. If Mailman (mailmanctl) and/or the web server are running,
lists can be changed. If you want a guaranteed stable snapshot, you
have to stop your web server or at least reload it with a config that
doesn't include the Mailman CGI aliases (ScriptAlias in apache) and
stop Mailman while you take the snapshot.