[Mailman-Users] Robot Tag

John Webb webbs at swva.net
Fri May 1 23:17:14 CEST 2009

I am still confused about the source of the Meta Tag META
NAME=robots" CONTENT="noindex,follow" . Our archive indexes have the
"noindex,follow" tag, but the pages for each message have "index, nofollow".
We want our archives to be available for unrestricted spidering and
indexing throughout all of the pages. What do we need to do to enable
the correct tag in our html?
What exactly does the follow or nofollow part of it do?

On a different topic.... I see several threads and methods concerning
the use of search engines for searching the archives. What would be
the most simple way for us to add a way for users to search for
keywords in our archives?

Thanks.

John Webb