[Mailman-Users] To-Do-list admin

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 31 17:04:49 CEST 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>Helmut Schneider wrote:
>>
>>I set up a new mailman instance (2.1.11). I remeber that when I created new
>>lists a mail was sent to the admin describing what he needs to add to
>>/etc/aliases to make the new list work. Currently I do not recieve that
>>email at the new installation. Did I forget to check a box?
>

>It depends on how you create the list. If you create a list from the
>web or via bin/newlist without the "-q" option, the admin should be
>notified.
>
>Is Mailman running?
>
>See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.

In the above reply, I overlooked the fact that you were talking about
the aliases email to the owner of the site list ('mailman-owner').
This is only sent if you haven't changed the default MTA = 'Manual'
setting. If you have set MTA in mm_cfg.py to other than 'Manual', the
aliases mail will not be sent.