[Mailman-Users] Archives and International Character Sets(Mailman2.1.11)

Stefan Förster cite+mailman-users at incertum.net
Sun Mar 29 10:43:26 CEST 2009

* Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>
>> Mark Sapiro writes:
>>
>>> add_language('en', 'English (USA)', 'utf-8', 'ltr')
>>
>> Shouldn't this probably be default by now?
>

> Yes, it should. But, we have superstitious beliefs that something
> unintended will be broken by this. Yet, I continue to suggest it as a
> workaround, and I've never recieved a report of a problem, so I will
> at least test it as default for Mailman 2.2.

If changing a language definition like that, doesn't that mean one
will have to change the various predefined template files, all message
codes for that language and after that recreate the archive files?

Ciao
Stefan
--
Stefan Förster     http://www.incertum.net/     Public Key: 0xBBE2A9E9
"The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in