[Mailman-Users] List problems

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 24 18:16:50 CET 2009

Thomas Clark wrote:

>My name is Thomas Clark and I am using mailman to run my mailing list off
>of.  The problem that I have encountered is that a redirection problem with
>my lists.  How do I set it up so that I can control where the mail is sent,
>because as of now my moderators are getting error messages saying that the
>site doesn't exist?  Any idea?

Are you saying you have invalid/undeliverable addresses subscribed to
your lists? I suggest you configure automated bounce processing via
each list's web admin interface Bounce processing page so that these
addresses are automatically removed.

You can also use the command line bin/config_list tool to set bounce
processing options for several lists. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/MIBp>.

In order to keep invalid addresses from getting on lists in the first
place, set Privacy options... -> Subscription rules ->
subscribe_policy to Confirm and don't use mass subscribe to add
members.