[Mailman-Users] Error Creating List - additional info

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 23 16:54:49 CET 2009

Jeff Bernier wrote:

>I should have included this in my message. When crating a list from the command line, The list creates ok, but I see this message just after I enter the initial list password:
>
>postalias: warning: /private/var/mailman/data/aliases.db: duplicate entry: "dm-admin"

For some reason, there are duplicate aliases for "dm-admin" in
/private/var/mailman/data/aliases.

This can be fixed by rebuilding the aliases from scratch by running

bin/genaliases

If you think that Mailman itself created the duplicate entry and you
never edited /private/var/mailman/data/aliases by hand, then post a
copy of the file before running genaliases, and I'll try to figure out
what might have happened.