[Mailman-Users] How to gzip archives?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Thu Mar 19 17:19:27 CET 2009

On 03/19/09 11:00, Taylor, Grant wrote:
> However I would question if the reclaimed space is worth the effort as
> you will be putting extra load on your server(s) and given the costs of
> drive space these days...

I guess if you use a compression mechanism that HTTP supports (I think
GZip is one) *AND* the client supports it you /may/ be able to send the
compressed contents to the end user and have their user agent decompress
the contents.  However all of these things have to be in place for this
bandwidth savings to happen and if it doesn't, there is the added load
on the processor.

Grant. . . .