[Mailman-Users] Self-Approval against From Forgeries

Kærast kaerast at qvox.org
Thu Mar 19 12:05:50 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:42:09 +0200 (IST)
Ephraim Silverberg <ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> Certain lists of ours are sensitive and, hence, the members of the
> list want to ensure that messages are not sent to the list by an
> outsider that forges the From line of a valid list member.

Actually, there is another option which I'm surprised hasn't been
mentioned yet.  If the list is sensitive then presumably everybody on
the list is trusted enough to have the password, in which case you
could just get people posting to the list to include an approved
header or the line Approved: [password] in the first line.

--
Alice