[Mailman-Users] LDAP and case-sensitive memberlist

Chris Nulk CNulk at scu.edu
Tue Mar 17 22:22:59 CET 2009

Hello all,

I have recently set up Mailman v2.1.19 and added the LDAPMemberAdaptor I picked up from

>> See
>> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=871062&group_id=103&atid=300103>.

I did check the FAQ and search the list for the LDAP stuff.  I configured it as per the docs and it works fine.  When I look at the member list (via Mailman's web interface), all the email addresses are there with proper capitalization (it is how it is defined in our LDAP and I CANNOT change the LDAP entries).

The problem is when anyone sends to the list, their posts are held for moderation because they are not a member of the list.  I have looked at the detailed message source on the moderator's page to view the message source.  It shows the sender's email address with the correct capitalization.  However, Mailman appears to be comparing a lowercase version of the sender's email address to the properly capitalized member list derived from the LDAPMemberAdapter.

Is there a way to force the comparison to be case-insensitive?  Or, modify the LDAPMemberAdaptor to lowercase all the email addresses?

Or, should I subscribe to the Mailman Developers list and repost there?

Thank you for your consideration,

Chris