[Mailman-Users] weird archive "thread" view

IEM - network operating center (IOhannes m zmoelnig) noc at iem.at
Mon Mar 16 16:58:26 CET 2009

hi.

a user of one of my mailinglists noted that the thread-view of my
mailing-list archives has become weird in the last months: basically new
threads are sometimes subthreads of unrelated threads.
while there is always the chance, that users will just hijack a thread,
i am pretty sure that this did not happen in various other cases (i
looked at the headers of the mails coming in through the list, and they
did not refer to any other mails)

an example thread-page would be:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2009-03/thread.html
(at the end of the page between "[PD] Simultaneous Computation" and
"[PD] change samplerate locally", the archive started 5 new threads, but
there really are 9 threads)

any ideas where this comes from?

and, btw, is there a reason why the max thread-depth seems to be 4?

i have recently upgraded from Mailman-2.1.9 to 2.1.11, but the problem
exists (at least) with mails generated with 2.1.9.

and all this is on debian.

fmgar
IOhannes

--