[Mailman-Users] Why does this happen???

b19141 at anl.gov b19141 at anl.gov
Sun Mar 15 14:55:52 CET 2009

"James Reid" <james at thereidsonline.com> wrote:
>Hi Everyone,

>Can someone please explain why I have a small number of users who
>occasionally send message to mylist-bounces at domain.com instead of to the
>correct address mylist at domain.com ?
>
>I suspect that it is to do with the email client that they are using
>and whether they are replying or reply-to-all, but don't see it
>happening often enough to be able to figure it out (I'd like to add
>something to the sign-on message for the group to give people more info
>on how to avoid this problem).

There is a problem with the BlackBerry software.  A "reply-all"
from a BlackBerry user will be sent to the list and the -bounces
address. This is one case of which I am aware.  I have seen this
occur (not from a BlackBerry "reply-all", I believe), but the
one sender whom I hace contacted has not responded to my e-mails.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov