[Mailman-Users] aliases-revaliases mailman Postfix

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Wed Mar 11 16:22:13 CET 2009

On 03/10/09 07:19, André BEGOC wrote:
> My students subscribe at mailman list with their login (ie:
> lastnafi at domain.com). When they send a message to list, they are:
> "not subscribed", because they are subscribed with
> Firstname.Lastname at domain.com

Hum...

> How can i force mailman to use, independently lastnafi at domain.com
> and/or Firstname.Lastname at domain.com

I don't believe this is a Mailman issue, rather an MTA (Postfix) issue.
  I.e. Postfix is not translating between username email addresses and
pretty (for humans) email addresses before delivery to Mailman.

If you are wanting to know how to have subscribers be subscribed with
two addresses, simply subscribe both addresses and set one to not
receive delivery.  This way the subscribers receive email where you /
they want to while still being subscribed members with the other
address, thus allowing them to post.

Grant. . . .