[Mailman-Users] Rich-Text emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 5 20:27:03 CET 2009

Sulie Espear wrote:

>Hello people! Is't possible to send and receive rich-text formatted emails with mailman version 2.1.9? filter_content option is set to No.  I tried to sent an email with some cutting of an excel table from an excel sheet, the email format befor sending it by outlook to the list was set to rich-text, and this email was saved in the archive BUT NEVER RECEIVED any list member!
>
>The email in the archive is converted  into text, the cutting of the excel table was converted into simple text. Is it not possible to get rich-text emails sent by mailman?

If the post is in the archive, it should have been sent to the list
members. See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9> for
troubleshooting.

If the lists Content filtering -> filter_content is No, and Non-digest
options -> scrub_nondigest is No, messages should be sent to the
non-digest list members without alteration by Mailman.

As far as the mail in the archive being "simple text", the pipermail
archive page only contains the plain text parts of the message, but
there should be hyperlinks to the non-plain text parts.