[Mailman-Users] Trapping a post with a blank Subject:

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 5 17:59:28 CET 2009

Hank van Cleef wrote:

>I've tried several strings in the spam filter, but I don't get
>reliable results.

Have you tried

^Subject:\s*$

That should get the ones with an empty subject, but in order to get the
ones with no subject header at all, you need a series of three rules.
The first with regexp as above and action Hold, The second with regexp

^Subject:

and action Accept to pass all the rest of the posts with Subject:
headers and the third with a regexp like "." or "^" (without the
quotes) and action Hold to hold the remaining messages that have no
Subject: header.