[Mailman-Users] SOP for notifying list owners

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 4 02:30:10 CET 2009

Alan Rubin wrote:

>Just curious if the community has a Standard Operating Procedure for
>list administrators to notify list owners when there are changes to the
>Mailman installation.  Maybe like a list of list owners?

Other people may have other ideas. I'm not aware of any Best Current
Practice for this, but what I would do is use bin/list_owners to get
an unduplicated list of all the owners and mail to that list (as To:
or Bcc: recipients). You can use the '-m' option to include moderators.

If this is a 'large' list, you could easily make a Mailman list and
pipe the output of bin/list_owners into bin/sync_members to keep the
list current.